The Congregation Sinai Brotherhood is comprised of active, engaged and fun-loving members of our congregation. Of the more than 100 men who belong to our dedicated group, many offer a few hours of their time each year to participate in one of the numerous Brotherhood activities. Some volunteered to help run programs, while others demonstrated their support through becoming Sustaining Members.
This past year, the Brotherhood sponsored a full array of programs and activities, including:
- Building Sinai’s sukkah and organizing the annual Sukkot Barbecue, a chance to eat great food grilled by Brotherhood members, schmooze with friends, and celebrate the holiday.
- Holding a series of Sunday morning coffees, featuring speakers on entertaining topics.
- Partnering with Sinai’s Adult Learning Program to present lectures by scholars-in-residence.
- Sponsoring a softball team and the annual Softball Shabbat—an August tradition. We emphasize fun and camaraderie over winning—perhaps too well.
- Supplying and distributing those instantly breakable toys that kids love as prizes for the congregation’s Purim Carnival.
- Buying Gates of Repentance for our congregation’s b’nei mitzvah celebrants, and purchasing the Tanakh for Sinai’s affirmation students.
- Contributing money and volunteering time to congregational programs involving new member, Women of Sinai and the Israel Committee.
- Sponsoring the “Acheinu—Brothers Where Art Thou?” monthly men’s spirituality discussions.
- Providing support for special Sinai activities such as the rummage sale.
The Brotherhood encourages each man in our congregation to participate in at least one Brotherhood event. Each activity offers a pleasant way to become more involved socially, intellectually, or spiritually at Sinai. And it gets you out of the house!